A root canal can often be performed in one or two visits and involves the following steps:
1. Your endodontist will examine and x-ray the tooth. After a local anesthesia, a small protective sheet called a dental dam will be placed over the root canal area in order to isolate said tooth to keep it clean and free of saliva during the procedure.
2. Your endodontist will make an opening into the crown surface of your tooth. Very delicate instruments will be used to clean the pulp from the pulp chamber and to shape the space for filling.
3. After the canals are cleaned and disinfected, your endodontics specialist will fill the roots with a bio-compatible material to ensure complete sealing of the root canal system.
4. A temporary filling is then placed to close the opening.
5. After the final visit with your endodontist, please return to your general dentist to have a crown or other restoration placed on the tooth to protect and restore it to full function.
Schedule a complimentary consultation today.
Dr. Usha Desai
Polite Dental Care
23 Reynolds Ave, Parsippany,NJ 07054
973 887 3000
973 599 0068